NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Ugly Truth and Sweet Relief

Guess what my darling husband did for me tonight?


I should preface this by telling you that I had a meltdown as soon as CPV walked in the restaurant where we were meeting for dinner. I just couldn't take this ridiculous heat for another second. When Natalie and I left the house at 5:15, it was 90 degrees on the first floor and even hotter upstairs. Can you understand where a meltdown would come from in these conditions?


Anyway, back to the sweetness that is my husband's gesture. He suggested (and insisted) that I go see a movie - all by myself - so I could cool down and relax ... while he took Natalie to the pool for their own version of cooling off. I felt more than a little guilty leaving the two of them to fend for themselves against the oppressive heat. But I could take no more. And I have a fetus to think about ... that was the final justification, which occurred to me during the previews - which allowed me to enjoy my movie theater experience. That's right, I was indulging in air conditioned comfort while watching a chick flick, and I did it for my unborn child! But it wasn't quite enough justification for a double feature ... as tempting as that option seemed.


As you perhaps perceived from this post's title, I saw The Ugly Truth with Katherine Heigl. Basically, the guy is a jerk and she's a control freak. He helps her start a relationship with another guy because he's an "expert on what guys really want," and then he falls in love with her and vice versa. The ending - in the hot air balloon - is beyond cheesy; I'll admit I cried a little but I am blaming it whole-heartedly on the hormones.


It was the best two hours of my week. I was cool and relaxed and by myself. The movie was entertaining, a little raunchy, and made me laugh out loud a few times ... what more could I ask for?


In return, I brought home an Oreo shake for my sweet, sweet husband :)
UPDATE: Apparently my breaking point coincided with the weather's breaking point. The temperatures are finally back to normal with a forecast high in the mid-80's. My thermostat is resting at a delightful 73 degrees, and that's a whole heck of a lot better than 90!

5 comments:

Miss Mel said...

He is as awesome as I remember him! Go CPV!

Chi-town momma said...

Good for you and yeah for Chad for being a thoughtful guy! So what did you see? :)

mrs.alderman said...

Ahhh!!! Gerard Butler...he is so hot that you'd definitely need AC to watch him!!

Oliver'sMom said...

So, when is CPV hosting the "how to be a good husband" workshop? I'm signing Shawn up now! Yea for you girl, take the time for yourself that you need. We spend so much time being moms and wives that sometimes we forget that it is really important to have our time too.

Chi-town momma said...

SO did you change your posting or am I that oblivious to a whole paragraph telling me what movie you saw??? Sleep deprivation perhaps?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin