NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Meal Planning - Two Weeks in a Row

Sunday - Salmon Bake with Pecan-Crunch Coating
This is the one I had planned for last week, but our impromptu camping trip caused a meal plan modification ... we ate hot dogs roasted over a campfire instead :) But I love this meal for a Sunday, so let's try it tonight with steamed broccoli and brown rice. Oh, here's the "promised" recipe from Southern Living's Easy Weeknight Favorites (a gift from a beloved student):


4 Salmon Fillets
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 1/2 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup soft breadcrumbs
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
1 tablespoon parsley

Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper; place, skin side down, in a lightly greased 9-inch square baking dish. (I line it with foil for easier clean-up.)
Combine mustard, butter, and honey; brush over salmon. Combine breadcrumbs, pecans, and parsley; spoon evenly across top of salmon.
Bake uncovered, at 450 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily.

Monday - Enchiladas

This was once a staple in my weekly repertoire, but we haven't had it for a long time ... so I am bringing it back and hoping it's as delicious as I remember.

Tuesday -
Fresh Spinach Mushroom Frittata

Wednesday - Pizza Party for NHV's 2nd Birthday

Thursday - Picnic Dinner for Concert @ the Park

Friday - Marvelous Mini Meatloaves

Saturday - Dinner Out

Okay, I've got my list; heading to the grocery store now :)


Looking for more yumminess? Head on over to I'm an Organizing Junkie for a long list of other bloggers also planning meals ... how fun is that?!

3 comments:

chitownmomma said...

Glad to see I could inspire some of your meal plan for the week! :)
Good job,friend! I will start thinking about next week and let you know!

Anonymous said...

Wow it is very good n great planing u r having god bless u.

_____________
Smarry
Entertainment at one stop

annies home said...

thanks for the great meatloaf recipe

Blog Widget by LinkWithin