NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar

Friday, July 10, 2009

5 Days to 2

We took an impromptu (and one-night) camping trip last night. More details about that in another post. But I have to tell you that my sweet almost-2-year-old was fairly easy to entertain at the campsite. A container of Little People, a handful of books, and a baggie of crayons did the trick ... well, almost.

While we made dinner, Natalie decided she wanted - more than anything - to be in the back of the car. She was in there for at least 20 minutes. She sat in the cargo area and read books and then climbed into the backseat to chat with her baby doll (wish I had a photo of that). I kept checking with her to see if she wanted to get out ... you know, to play in the great outdoors.



Posted by Picasa


Once she did decide to get out - just as I was about to take the first bite of my roasted hot dog. Within about 30 seconds, Chad and I were wishing she would go back in!


She did take advantage of the opportunity to play in the great outdoors ...

climbing on every unsafe surface she could find,

getting closer to the fire than the 15-foot radius we established,

falling off the picnic table bench, running around with sticks,

and putting rocks in her mouth ...

to which Chad proclaimed, "This child won't put a bite of fruit in her mouth, but rocks - sure, why not?"

1 comment:

Chi-town momma said...

Gotta love a daddy's insight!
WOW - I'm impressed that you went camping as a family. I hear it is a lot of fun with kids, but I prefer the kind of "camping" that involves the Holiday Inn...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin