NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Meal Planning - I'm at it Again!

The trip to the grocery store - with my newly two-year-old - was a disaster. Let's hope my meal plan fairs better this week because I have all kinds of yumminess on the menu!



I am going to try this one more time ... this yummy recipe keeps getting bumped from my meal plan for whatever reason ... this week it was too hot to turn on the oven, so we barbequed chicken breasts instead.



The recipe calls for chicken, but BACON has been my biggest pregnancy craving, so I am making a substitution and making myself (and unborn child) happy :) I'll probably throw in a little cucumber while I'm at it ... yum!

UPDATE and SUGGESTION: I just thought of this Monday evening (better late than never), but it would've been brilliant. The bacon for this recipe was cooked in the oven ... and for the sake of efficiency and ultimately time-saving, I should've put the bacon in the oven last night with the meatloaves. Then the bacon would've been reheated tonight cutting my prep time considerably.

Tuesday - Outdoor Concert - Pack a Picnic

Top of my picnic list: bowtie pasta salad with fresh mozzerella, cucumbers, and red peppers. I think I'll serve it with hard salami, cheeses, and crackers ... and a big fruit salad. Oh, I can't wait!


Wednesday - Fish Sticks and Mac&Cheese

Both from Trader Joe's, so (hopefully) it's not as "bad for you" as it sounds! I'll probably throw together a salad (with cucumbers and bacon), too.


Thursday - Sloppy Joes, Chips, and a Veggie


Friday - Toss-Up

Depending on the weather, I will either make Gram's Chicken Pot Pie Updated ... which won't require another trip to the store but will require the oven. OR grill steak, potatoes, and veggies.
Don't forget to check out more fabulous Meal Plans at I'm an Organizing Junkie.

3 comments:

Emmett Joseph said...

My week:
M: Chicken Breasts with Mushroom-Artichoke ragout
T: Crispy Cod and coleslaw
W: Gyros
R: Smokey Chili Joes
F: Eat out or carry-out
S: Homemade pizza

Chi-town momma said...

Do you make your own Gyros? How do you make the meat? What brand of bread do you use? I think the pita makes the gyro!

Becca said...

Bacon and avocado wraps sound really yummy...I think I would like them with bacon AND chicken tho. Thanks for the idea!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin