NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

1 Day to 2

Seems like these days I am telling Natalie to be careful ... all the time. She's so adventuresome - wanting to try new things, push limits, climb higher, jump off, hang over, ...

But I have to say that I feel really fortunate because Natalie heeds my warnings with seriousness and only occasionally throws caution to the wind and does something precarious after I've told her to "be careful."

Our conversation usually goes something like this:

Me: "Natalie, be careful. You're up too high."

Natalie: "Fall?"

Me: "That's right, you could fall, and I don't want you to fall."

Natalie: "Hurt?"

Me: "Yes, if you do fall from way up there, it will hurt."

Natalie: "Kiss it?"

Me: "Oh, of course, I'll kiss it."

In my head, I can't help but think about the hurts that my kisses just won't heal. In my heart, I love knowing that my baby girl sees me as strong enough to make her feel better.

1 comment:

Janelle said...

Can't believe tomorrow is the BIG 2! Happy Birthday Natalie!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin