NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Dear Kitchen,

I've talked about you behind your back long enough. I've sworn at you under my breath for the last time. Let's get something straight. I'm just going to put it out there. I am done with you. Time and time again. Day after day. You have exhausted me. Zapped my energy. Consumed my time. Minutes and hours I would rather be spending with my daughter or writing clever blog posts or just about anything else.


I am sick and tired of the piles of dishes that first have to be washed and then dried and then put away. Unloading that darn dishwasher of yours has become a daily requirement, and seriously I hate that chore with every ounce of my being. And the stupid "drying rack" that is constantly cluttered, what's that all about? Could your countertops, please, stay semi-clean for longer than an hour or two? Where do all those watermarks and spills and crumbs come from? I swear there's a team of counter yucky-uppers hiding beneath the surface. And what's up with your stainless steel appliances always looking like a crime scene - finger prints and smudges and, I swear, lick marks - every time I turn around? Oh, and how many times have I emptied your garbage can and recycling bin? It's always, always something, I tell ya!


Ugh! I am so over it. I am done with you. I am not coming near you for - at least - the next 12 hours because truthfully, I can't stand the sight of you. You disgust me and disappointment me and make me more than a little crazy. I don't need any more crazy!


Sincerely,
Done Wiping Counters in the NW

2 comments:

Chi-town momma said...

you are such a clever little writer! I totally would like to send this memo to my kitchen as well...and my bathrooms!

Kathy said...

this is my daily hell with my kitchen too. ho hum.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin