NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

7 Days to 2

I was getting Natalie dressed after her - four hour - nap today, and as I pulled her super cute jeans (thanks, Grammy) up over her almost-non-existent bootie, she said, "Apple Jeans! Dan-sing. Dan-sing."


Let me be clear that this pair of jeans does not have any sort of apple applique or stitching - of any kind. No, friends, my almost-two-year-old is referencing one of our favorite dance jams from way back ... "Low" by FLO Rida and T. Pain. That's totally age-appropriate, right? Of course, Natalie's "apple jeans" are also a little nod to my boy, Nelly ... because his clothing line makes Applebottom Jeans ... umm, and that would be a clothing line that I will never be able to wear because I am very lacking in the bootie department.



Anyway, this is how Natalie sings Low ...

Ap-ple Jeans. [Applebottom Jeans.]

Boo-hoo-hoo. [Boots with the fur.]



... and what she lacks in bootie, she makes up for in dance moves. That girl can shake it :)

4 comments:

Chi-town momma said...

HIL-AIR-E-US!!! Only you my friend would have a ghetto song singing toddler! I love it! Of course we have some pretty good dance parties over here in Chitown too, and my husband still plays gangsta rap on the radio with B in the car, SO I am not one to judge! :)

Emmett Joseph said...

That's my girl! So, Danisha, it appears that we need a hip-hop name for little Natalie as well...hmmm....how about Nat Dogg?:)

mrs.alderman said...

That's why I love you!!! Now I don't feel so bad about listening to hip hop with O! His current favorites are Boom Boom Pow and Calle Ocho. :)

Kathy said...

love this.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin