What happened in January?
- celebrated my 35th birthday with Starbucks, a great nap, Chipotle, and cupcakes - funny, I don't feel like I am in my mid-thirties!
- ate and appreciated 8 meals provided by members of my moms' group - what an incredible act of kindness!
- enjoyed less rain, more sunshine, and warmer temperatures - hip, hip, hooray!
- had professional newborn photos taken of CJV - cannot wait to see the proofs
- got out of the house - with both little ones - on multiple occasions (see by the numbers below)
- attended my first Mom's Night Out since CJV was born - took her with me, but still ...
- researched, visited, and selected a preschool for NHV in the fall - had to win a lottery to secure her place!
By the numbers:
- appointments: 5
- play dates attended: 2
- play dates hosted: 3
- preschools visited: 4
- photos taken: ~180
- blog posts written: 25
- birth announcements sent: 50
- thank you notes written: ~50
Books read for pleasure:
- The History of Love by Nicole Krauss
- Between, Georgia by Joshilyn Jackson
- addicted to The Bachelor: On the Wings of Love (wish it wasn't true)
- ate (a lot) more baked goods than I really needed to
- colored my hair (semi-permanent) to cover the gray
And since I don't have a photo of myself taken during this January - note to self and CPV, take more pics of me - here's one from last year:
"When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child." ~ Sophia Loren, Women and Beauty
It's no wonder my MommyBrain affliction is at an all-time high! I am thinking thrice these days ;)