NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Nose Meets Dyson

Can you say, "Ouch?"

Ugh!  I guess this is what I get for attempting a little housework ... on a Sunday, no less.
While I was running the Dyson in the living room, Natalie was dancing/running/playing around and having a great time.  Back and forth I pushed that hardworking vacuum.  Round and round she ran.  I could just make out her giggles over the hum of the machine.

When ... BAM!  I pulled back the handle at the exact same second that Natalie ran up behind me.  The collision was hard enough to knock her off her feet.  I immediately dropped the vacuum, dropped to my knees, and scooped her up in my arms.  She was crying.  I was crying.  I could only imagine how much that hurt ... all the momentum coming to a stop on the side of her nose!


This is her nose later that evening.  Swollen with two red marks.  After some ibuprofen at naptime, she didn't complain about the pain at all - not even when I gave it a few gentle touches.  What a little trooper!


This is her nose two days later. The red marks have nearly healed. The swelling is much improved.  But she's left with plenty of black-and-blue on the side of her nose and in the corner of her eye.

And that, my friends, it what happens when nose meets Dyson.  
When a two year old's reckless abandon meets a momma's need to clean.

You can see more great photos and Word-less-ful Wednesday
posts here and here.

13 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

sweet.....who notices the 'ouchie' when you have the cutest face, ever!?!!

Mine is Footprints in the Sand...
HERE

Unknown said...

Awww poor baby, but it seems to be healing well and of course she will never remember it as much as mommy does

Unknown said...

This just goes to show that NOTHING good can come of cleaning!

Ali said...

I did that with our remote a few days ago and my son had a black and blue mark on his forehead for a few days. I think I was more upset about it than he was.

Oliver'sMom said...

Black and blue nose aside, she looks soooo grown up in these pictures! Watch out boys, she's gonna be a heartbreaker!

Lothiriel said...

aawww...poor thing!!

She's so cute! Love those bright eyes!

Yankee Girl said...

Her eyes are electric!

Big Mama Cass said...

Something similar happened to us, only he ran in front of the vacuum and got his little toe mushed. It was only a scratch though, thank goodness.

Lisa said...

Awww the bruises will fade and she won't remember it on her wedding day. I had an uncle that use to say that. She a cutie-patootie!

Amber Page Writes said...

Yowch! That does look like it stung. However, thank your daughter for the demonstration!

Epiphius said...

I think the first black eye is a right of passage for a kid! Sparky has passed it multiple times unfortunately!

MommyLisa said...

Oh, I hate when that happens! You are just flying around and boom, you knock your baby over.

Hug!

Working Mommy said...

It looks like she took it in stride!! Don't worry - I'm sure she'll bring it up in therapy in a few years ;)

~WM

Blog Widget by LinkWithin