NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Slice of my day

This should give you some indication of the kind of day I had ...

In the span of about 20 minutes ...
I woke NHV from her nap.  Not something I like to do, but I can't let her sleep much past 4:30 for fear of totally messing with her bedtime.

As soon as I opened the door, I knew something was amiss ... the smell that greeted me was of the number two variety.  This is unusual but understandable considering the potty training success we've been having for the past week ... 

And so, I grabbed a handful of wipes and went about the business of cleaning up the mess that had been festering for a three-hour nap.  As if waking her up didn't make her grumpy enough, this little task was made even more delightful by constant whining and thrashing about.

During this time ... about two minutes in ... CJV woke up from her nap.  Thankfully she was patient enough to allow me to bag the stinky diaper, put a pair of panties and pants on NHV, and wash my hands before going to get her.

However NHV did not intend to be nearly as patient when waiting for her post-nap "saaa-nack" and "geeenk."  So I hauled CJV downstairs, poured juice one-handed and grabbed a few graham crackers.  Stomped back upstairs to my awaiting, now less grumpy, and more appreciative toddler.

CJV was starting to squirm pretty hard-core by this point.  She was all like, "Yo, mama, where's the milk truck?  I'm starving over here!"

Plopped down in the glider and got to the business of nursing.  In the meantime, NHV was just outside the nursery playing in her kitchen.  I couldn't see her, but I could hear her banging pots and pans, talking to herself, and having a great time.  And then, it got quiet.  Too quiet.  Followed by the dreaded, "Uh-oh,"  that could only mean she peed in her pants.

Still nursing, but knowing that Natalie would freak out about the wet pants, I asked her if she could take off her pants and panties.  A tiny struggle ensued and then I saw a streak of naked booty flash by the door.  A naked Natalie is a happy Natalie ... whatever, I've got to finish feeding the baby.

Then I hear Natalie say, "Oh, I know.  I get a wipe."  She wanted to clean up the mess on the floor.  I felt a glimmer a pride and even cracked a tiny smile.

Once CJV was finished eating, I changed her diaper, put her under the mobile and went to get clean clothes for Natalie.  As I entered the hallway, I quickly assessed the damage.  Saw a small wet spot that she'd wiped up herself.  And then, did a double-take as a brown clump caught my eye.  Oh no, she didn't!  Except yes, yes, she did!  

I know she didn't purposefully poo on the floor.  I am guessing it was in her panties when I suggested she take them off ... in the hopes of avoiding a meltdown about being in wet pants.  Which technically - in some perverse way - makes it my fault, right?

Yep, the life of a SAHM.  Glamorous?  Not so much.  Interesting?  Sure.  Entertaining?  Always!


I am so glad it's the weekend, and CPV will be home for the next three days.  This mama needs a b-r-e-a-k!

6 comments:

BJ_Mama said...

OH I LOVE IT! (refer back to your adoration post from yesterday) It will make this all the more hilarious, I PROMISE!

Jessica {Team Rasler} said...

My mom just sent me an article about what SAHMs do all day. Love when a fellow mom posts about what life is like at home with the kids, and your summary is dead-on: not glamorous, but always interesting. The entertaining part comes with a good sense of humor about it all, which you (and your family) are lucky you have!

Oliver'sMom said...

Bwwwwaaa-hhhhhhaaa haaaa! Man, you had a DAY! Hugs girl, and I'm sending you a case of virtual Fabrese...LOL

Kat said...

Ahhhhh potty training :) it gets better! Trust me!

Raising Z and Lil C said...

This has yet to happen to me and I so hope it never does!!!! :) It is such a glamorous life ;)

Chi-town momma said...

Poop sucks.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin