Sunday, May 9, 2010

Say it with Song Sunday, a Flashback

Ah, it's Mother's Day, and I can't help thinking about the fact that - in the past year - I became the mom of  a second daughter. Our family of three grew to a family of four.  I am so blessed with two beautiful daughters. 

This time last year I was experiencing the not-so-delightful first trimester blues (or greens) which left me exhausted and very nauseous!  Today I enjoyed an incredible afternoon at the park wearing Charlotte Jane in the carrier while chasing (an almost three-year-old) Natalie from the swings to the slides and back again. 

When - about a year ago - Natalie announced the upcoming arrival of a new sibling, she used this wonderful song by Francis England.  It's called Family Tree, and it just makes me feel like a proud mama. It seems perfect for this Mother's Day and BJ_Mamas song meme ... so here's a flashback ...









This movie was created using Google Picasa.
This extraordinary and perfect song is titled Family Tree by Francis England.
I apologize for the not-so-great quality of the audio. It sounds great on my computer ... go figure! Oh, and the timing of the lyrics is right-on, too ... so aggravating!

8 comments:

blueviolet said...

Just beautiful! The love you have for your little one shows so clearly!

c0527onniemcgehee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Raising Z said...

That was absolutely beautiful, you have got me all choked up!!! I love that song. Happy Mothers Day!!! I hope your girls spoiled you with love today :)

BJ_Mama said...

WOW! Just WOW! Thank you for introducing me to this song! I missed it the first time, I guess.
Sam was "singing" along.
I was getting all Mama-motional.
LOVE YOU! Happy Mother's Day, hun!

Kat said...

Absolutely beautiful. Really touching. You did a great job putting this together :)

Xmas Dolly said...

Totally awesome video, and song! I've never seen anything like that, and what an appropriate day for it. Happy Mother's Day!

Jessica T said...

This is soooo beautiful! and your photos are fantastic! hope you had a wonderful mothers day xx

Laura said...

Ahhh I think this moved me more watching this today than it did the first time. Maybe it is because I have only recently gotten to see you in person be a mother of 2 beautiful girls. You are a great mother big sis and I love you very much.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin