NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Say it with Song Sunday, a Flashback

Ah, it's Mother's Day, and I can't help thinking about the fact that - in the past year - I became the mom of  a second daughter. Our family of three grew to a family of four.  I am so blessed with two beautiful daughters. 

This time last year I was experiencing the not-so-delightful first trimester blues (or greens) which left me exhausted and very nauseous!  Today I enjoyed an incredible afternoon at the park wearing Charlotte Jane in the carrier while chasing (an almost three-year-old) Natalie from the swings to the slides and back again. 

When - about a year ago - Natalie announced the upcoming arrival of a new sibling, she used this wonderful song by Francis England.  It's called Family Tree, and it just makes me feel like a proud mama. It seems perfect for this Mother's Day and BJ_Mamas song meme ... so here's a flashback ...









This movie was created using Google Picasa.
This extraordinary and perfect song is titled Family Tree by Francis England.
I apologize for the not-so-great quality of the audio. It sounds great on my computer ... go figure! Oh, and the timing of the lyrics is right-on, too ... so aggravating!

8 comments:

Liz Mays said...

Just beautiful! The love you have for your little one shows so clearly!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Raising Z and Lil C said...

That was absolutely beautiful, you have got me all choked up!!! I love that song. Happy Mothers Day!!! I hope your girls spoiled you with love today :)

BJ_Mama said...

WOW! Just WOW! Thank you for introducing me to this song! I missed it the first time, I guess.
Sam was "singing" along.
I was getting all Mama-motional.
LOVE YOU! Happy Mother's Day, hun!

Kat said...

Absolutely beautiful. Really touching. You did a great job putting this together :)

XmasDolly said...

Totally awesome video, and song! I've never seen anything like that, and what an appropriate day for it. Happy Mother's Day!

Jessica Theodore said...

This is soooo beautiful! and your photos are fantastic! hope you had a wonderful mothers day xx

Laura said...

Ahhh I think this moved me more watching this today than it did the first time. Maybe it is because I have only recently gotten to see you in person be a mother of 2 beautiful girls. You are a great mother big sis and I love you very much.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin