NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar

Monday, May 24, 2010

Top Ten Tuesday - Co-Ed Bath & Private Parts


I blog as a way of journaling my life.  As a way of preserving memories of my daughters' early lives.  As a way to remember what happens in the blur of motherhood.  And I really like to look through my "archives". 

I've realized that there are some really good "old" posts floating around this little blog of mine, so I plan to dust them off, shine them up a bit - just for you - and share a favorite each Tuesday.  I even made a button ... 

Co-Ed Bath & Private Parts
originally posted on June 3, 2009

Today's Thoughts: All of my thoughts are with my best friend Missy and her son Emmett.  Tomorrow he will undergo his third open heart surgery.  Today I just want a reason to smile ... and I want that reason to have something to do with Emmett.  Looking at naked toddlers in the bathtub makes me smile.  Thinking about this conversation with my daughter  makes me smile.

Me: "Natalie, those are Emmett's private parts."
Look of understanding; like she's storing away new vocabulary.
Me: "Natalie, you may not touch Emmett's private parts."
Look of confusion; like what's so wrong with private parts?
Not wanting to plant seeds of wrongness,
Me: "You may touch your own private parts but not other people's."
Look of compliance. Oh, okay ... but his seems like more fun than mine.
(Saving my next thoughts for a much later conversation.)
Cute photos to go along with silly story ...
Posted by Picasa

All the while, my BFF Missy is just trying her best not to crack up
and ruin this little impromptu lesson!

---------------------------------------------
Love you, Big E!




2 comments:

BJ_Mama said...

awwww...what a cute story! I'd never be able to do it without laughing though! (great example for my child, I know)

Emmett Joseph said...

This is one of my favorite memories of Nat and E...you were quite the health teacher that day. It also made me realize why I teach math, NOT health :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin