NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar

Sunday, May 23, 2010

All About EMMETT



So this All About MEme Monday is not about ME or YOU ...

Instead, I am dedicating this week's meme to a little boy 
who means a lot to me  and he needs your positive thoughts
and prayers this week.


This is my buddy Emmett ... affectionately known as Big E :)


He is the son of my best friend Missy.

He's about a month shy of two and a half years old.

He will melt your heart with deep brown eyes and enviable lashes!


He loves his li-li (a gift from me) and milk from a sippy cup.

He adores dinosaurs and fish and cars and schn-acks!


He is all boy but also sweet as pie.

Today he boarded a plane with his mommy and daddy.
That plane is headed to California, but he is not going on vacation.
 Emmett is going to the Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford. 


That little - adorable - boy is preparing for his THIRD
open heart surgery on Wednesday of this week.

Hopefully this is the final surgery to correct a heart condition he was born with; it is a rare condition known as Congenitally Corrected Transposition of the Great Arteries (ccTGA or LTGA) and an ebstenoid tricuspid valve. 

I wrote about his first surgery here.
And his second surgery here.

You can read more about Emmett and his heart condition 
at my friend's blog: Rocky Mountain Big Boy

I cannot stop thinking about Emmett and his parents ...
wishing I could be there to support my friend and her little guy,
wishing I could do something to ease their worry, ...
and this is what I came up with ...

I want to wrap this family in love from around the blogosphere.
I've seen it done before and I know it works (dare I say, miracles).
The support of many - even people you don't know - is very powerful.
That's what I want for Emmett and his mommy and daddy right now.

For this week's meme, 
please post this button 
on your blog and link up.







Please come back here and LINK UP so Missy will know how much LOVE there is for Emmett!

9 comments:

supahmommy- somethin's wrong with that girl said...

Done.
Prayers have begun sweet boy! Prayers have begun!! I'll work on it all week and until he is safe and on the mend!

xoxoxox to the family from all of us and sweet hugs for little E!

Stay strong MIssy! !

Elena Sonnino said...

Big hug to the family- and especially little Emmett! xoxo

Jenn said...

I believe this is the same condition that the newest little baby in our family has. He had heart surgery at just 4 days old ... sounds like a similar situation. It always amazes me how strong these tiny little babies really are. We will be thinking about you all and sending up lots of prayers for Emmett.

Ali said...

Sending well wishes and prayers his way!

Tracie Nall said...

Lots of prayers for Emmett and for his family!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful guy you have! Emmett-I'm praying for you buddy! XOXO

(He reminds me SO much of my son, it's unreal!) <3 Huge hugs to you guys...I can't imagine.

Emmett Joseph said...

Dana, your friendship means the world to me (and Emmett!). We love you!

Belly Charms said...

I am posting to my blog and praying for this sweet little boy and his family!!1

Dumb Mom said...

Best wishes to the little, big man. Can't wait to read how wonderfully things turned out!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin