NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar

Saturday, May 15, 2010

All About MEme: By the Numbers







By the Numbers

This week use NUMBERS to tell us about yourself ...

I have a "thing" for numbers.  When I look at the clock I think, "Oh, all those numbers are multiples of 12."  Or, "If you add the minutes it equals the hour."  When NHV was born, I was sad that she was born just after midnight ... I went into labor on 7/14/07, which is a great date because 7 x 2 = 14 ... but had her on 7/ 15.  When I rock CJV, I don't stop until the minutes are a multiple of the hour; during the 9 o'clock hour that usually buys me quite a few extra minutes of snuggling.
Most important numbers: 1/10 ... my date-of-birth minus the year because I am already feeling old today.

I am the oldest of 4, which means I have 3 siblings: 2 brothers and 1 sister.  

My parents had decided on 2 children and took precautions to make that "official" ... think snip, snip.  
So it was me and my brother - just 2.5 years apart - and then snip, snip.  And then my sister was born.  Another snip, snip.  And then 12 years (almost to the day) after I was born, my baby brother was born.  Following their 4th child, a snip and a tie took place.

I am Aunt D to 8 nuggets: 4 (soon-to-be 5) on my side and 4 on Chad's side.  My mom has 6 grandchildren plus 1 on the way ... the order is a very definite pattern: boy, girl, boy, girl (NHV), boy, girl (CJV), boy (on the way) ... if my mom has an 8th grandchild, I hypothesize it will be a girl!  My MIL has just 1 boy and 5 girls.  (I find gender and numbers to be so interesting!)

I was married on 7/4/98 - coolest day to have a wedding!  I have been married for ... it will be 12 years!  I have known my husband for more than 1/2 of my life.  We met in high school and dated all through college.

I have lived in 4 states: IL, FL, VA, and WA.

I have lived in 11 different "homes" - 2 different houses with my parents, 2 different dorm rooms and 1 apartment with my BFF (and others),  an apartment in FL, an honest-to-goodness (needed to be condemned) BEACH HOUSE with future husband and 3 other guys, cute little house, another apartment, our first home (purchase), and the house we live in now ... that's 11, right?

I am mommy of 2 girls.
I've owned 4 cars.  
We currently have 1 television in our house.
We have 1 cat.

blog posts you've written: 497 (just 3 shy of 500!)
email messages in your inbox: 116 (ridiculous, I know)
friends on Facebook: 291 (had to go look - had no idea)
photos stored on your computer: 16,000 (just guessing because I am not on my laptop)
----------------------------------------------------- 
Okay, I've been writing for 21 minutes ... and CJV is up from her nap ... already!

Can't wait to visit you later today and find out YOUR NUMBERS!

2 comments:

BJ_Mama said...

WAIT JUST ONE MINUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOUR ANNIVERSARY is the FOurth Of JULY?!?!?!?! SO IS OURS!!!!!!!!

How did I not know that?!?!?!?!

Raising Z and Lil C said...

I LOVE it all!!! I just ate up this assignment and loved your post :) My newest niece (I am only auntie to two at the moment) is due on the fourth of July :) Who knows.....

we only have one TV too....after growing up with one in almost every room, I was ready to have just one (which is rarely on these days).

Blog Widget by LinkWithin