NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

We can tell you how to get ...

... how to get to Sesame Street!  Yep, we know the way ... it's a long car ride,  detour into a parking garage, and a few blocks walk from where we live!


Natalie has herself a completely normal and healthy obsession with love of Sesame Street.  It's probably something I've fostered, much like her love from owls, because, well, I am not afraid to admit that I enjoy myself a little SS. I have great nostalgia for the episodes from my own childhood, memories of a Cookie Monster cake my mom made for one of my early birthdays, and tremendous respect for an iconic show that has been around for 40 years and pioneered educational programming for the preschool population.

The live show was fantastic!  Seeing Natalie absolutely light up with the excitement of it all ... was magical and brought me to tears.  At first she was stunned into silence and just took it in.  Eventually, she was up dancing and singing along to the songs she knew.  We purchased the "best available" seats according to the venue's website, and they were "on the floor."  Live and learn because that was a mistake.  The folding chairs were lined up on flat ground, which made seeing over all the adult heads in the crowd really impossible.  After intermission Chad asked an usher if we could take empty seats in the raised section - I insisted he ask permission before me moved - and we got the go-ahead.  Best decision!  The view of the stage was far superior plus we had a little extra wiggle-room and Natalie could stand and dance the whole time.

Charlotte was great the whole time.  She slept on the way, rode in the carrier, took in all the excitement, decided it was time to eat, and hung out in the bathroom with me for a bit.  Public venues that are hosting families should make some kind of accommodations for the littlest ones of the crowd.  There was plenty of room in the bathroom for a few chairs - where moms could get away from the noise and lights for a few minutes or, dare I suggest it, have a nice place to breastfeed?!  With a full belly and new seats, Charlotte settled in for a snooze.  It always amazes me when babies can sleep just about anywhere and with all kinds of ruckus going on around them!

The show was over at lunchtime, and mama was hungry ... a quick 10-mile detour took us to our favorite burger joint where we enjoyed our "sunny day, sweeping the clouds away" kind of day (look at the blue skies and white puffy clouds) during our picnic lunch ... 


We got back home well after naptime, and both girls were exhausted ... but I still managed to snap this cute photo of their Sesame Street attire:


Thanks, Chitown Momma, for the hand-me-down onesie for CJV ... it was too big but adorable nonetheless!

5 comments:

BJ_Mama said...

awww.....I LOVE SS TOO! We went to a show 2 Thanksgivings ago...GREAT!

Chi-town momma said...

SO fun! Glad you enjoyed it and now feeling bad that we didn't make it happen for B. I know he would have been in awe!
So was CPV's fear justified? Was she freaked out by how big Elmo was?
Glad to give the love of the SS onesie right back at cha since your clan gave it to Taylor! It is darling!!! If you don't know of another SS loving family that can put it to good use, send that one back to us. B loved it everytime T wore it!

Raising Z and Lil C said...

Looks like the perfect day!

Go Zesty with Dee! said...

Love the pict of the girls. SO cute!! :) Missing you guys ... but hope you are having a fantastic time.

Shell said...

What fun! We went 2 years ago and my boys loved it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin