- Got voted off Supah's Survivor Island ... actually felt bummed about it for awhile but I'm over it now.
- Enjoyed a great visit with Grammy - she cooked for us and spoiled us with gifts
- Hosted Missy and Emmett here in the NW and had a blast - played at the park, went to the zoo, stayed up late every night chatting, laughing, looking at old photos, ...
- Resigned as an Organizer for my moms group; it was a tough decision but I am trying to prioritize and stay focused on my "job" as a wife and mom as well as my new job ...
- Became a Publisher Mom for Macaroni Kid; best decision I've made for me in a long time, writing with a purpose, learning new things everyday, networking with awesome moms around the country, and having fun doing it all with my bestie :) I am loving this experience. Love challenging myself. Love the satisfaction of publishing with a national website!
- Had a really rotten day ... when being a mommy felt very unrewarding ... and thankfully lots of good days, too ... when being a mommy seems like the best job in the world :)
- appointments: 3
- play dates attended: 4
- play dates hosted: 2
- photos taken: ~350
- blog posts written: 32
Before You Know Kindness by Chris Bohjalian
Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah - 500 pages but worth it
- Got a new (much shorter) haircut, and I think I like it. Had lots of compliments :)
- Still haven't gotten serious about the 30-Day Shred. I need to get back into shape, but I just can't seem to get motivated ... ugh!
- Booked tickets to fly home - with both girls by myself - in May ... excited and terrified!
- Started watching Glee, the first 13 episodes in reverse order. Now I can't wait for the show to return in April - I'm hooked! Thanks, BJ_Mama ;)
- Hubby has been selling all kinds of "goodies" on craigslist ... decluttering feels good!
"A friendship can weather most things and thrive in thin soil; but it needs a little mulch of letters and phone calls and small, silly presents every so often - just to save it from drying out completely."
I've been thinking a lot about friendship lately. Somehow in the midst of figuring out how to be a mom times two ... and trying to find a balance of family and responsibilities and writing pursuits ... I've been feeling forgotten. I've been feeling isolated. Like I am on the out-skirts of my friendships. And I know I am to blame for those feelings. Mainly because I know that I am not attending to my friendships with the energy that I once did. I am not nourishing my relationship with the important women in my life. I need to make time for the "mulch" - the emails, the phone calls, the conversations, ...
Those things really are important to me, but somehow they've slipped much too low on the priority list. Here's hoping I can change that in the coming month.
"Time goes by so fast, people go in and out of your life. You must never miss the opportunity to tell these people how much they mean to you." ~ Cheers