NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar

Saturday, March 27, 2010

All Kinds of Good

First of all, I checked the mailbox today and found a surprise ... well, not really because my friend sent me an email telling me a package was on its way.  But I forgot - until I say the box - so that counts as a surprise as far as I am concerned.  Either way, it totally put a smile on my face :)

My talented - aforementioned friend - Carrie sent me a new snazz-iriffic camera strap cover.  Not only is it oh-so-stylish but it will also prevent me from confusing my camera for one of the many others floating around the play dates these days.  There's a whole lotta mamarazzi in the my circle of friends :)

And she also sent me the c-u-t-e-s-t scrapbook for Charlotte's Firsts.  The paper is pink and girlie.  The embellishments are delicious.  The firsts had me shaking my head thinking about all that will happen in this first year of her life!


What's that you say?  You're super jealous of my goodies?  Well, you should be ... but I have really good news for you.  Carrie has just started selling these goodies on Etsy.

Yes, I am friends with the one, the only ...



You should definitely check out her shop!  Tell her I sent you and maybe, just  maybe, she'll be your friend, too  :)

Okay, so as if that isn't GOOD enough ... I also have a muffin recipe to share with you.  My new thing is baking from scratch and often times I'll have NHV help, which is a lot of fun and very messy.  Well, tonight I baked all by myself - after the girls were in bed ... because I was in the mood for a muffin (does that ever happen to you?  am I the only one?) and I had blueberries in the fridge that needed to be eaten ... such a dilemma, I tell ya!

And so, I found this recipe - the name pretty much says it all ... and made six of the most delicious muffins I've ever tasted! 

Just look at them ...

Well, I am assume all six of them will be delicious, but I only ate one. And CPV ate one - even though he's on some (pretend) no-sweets kick right now.  I thought about eating a second one.  Decided I would rather fall asleep dreaming about it and wake up hungry enough to eat two!

Inquiring minds want to know ... 
What kind of GOOD are you having this weekend?

5 comments:

Raising Z and Lil C said...

We've been baking a ton too :) We have to do everything from scratch because I still can't eat dairy or soy but it always tastes so much better. Z is always my sous chef and I try to relax and tell myself it is worth the extra time and mess. Now I want blueberry muffins :) We just came from a wonderful family breakfast at the diner though so my full belly is saying..."wait" :)

Emmett Joseph said...

I want that camera strap--too cute!!

Oliver'sMom said...

Awwww SHUKS!!! Thanks for the great shout out lady! I have just a couple of finishing touches to put on the books, and I'll have my last 4 up on the etsy site. Thanks again!

PS-bought some amazingingly cute Amy Butler and Moda fabric...and a way cute baby top with bloomers pattern...it's coming next week! Yikes!

Oliver'sMom said...

Oh, PS...Did you see I left out "First Haircut" in favor of "Meeting N"? LOL!

Hey, it's Spring Break, wahoo! Wanna do something? Oliver kept asking to "Pay wit Na-wee" for two weeks after our Couger Mtn Zoo outing! LOL. That girl is POPULAR!!!

Chi-town momma said...

May have to try those muffins! We love baking around here, but I am not sure we will bake as much once it is nice out...until then, bring on the baked goods!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin