NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

This Daddy is the Best!

I think the baby stage is really tough for most dads.  I know CPV felt a little disinterested and (a lot) helpless when we first brought home our "warm lump."  And really, rightfully so.  I mean, there really isn't much a daddy can do with a newborn.  Sure he dealt with my crazy mood swings and sleep deprived snarkiness ... brought me cups of yogurt and glasses of water while I nursed ... and helped with the housework.  He even served as my co-pilot at bath time ... when a slippery baby requires all hands on deck.  But really, the majority of a our newborn's needs are met by the mommy.

And then that baby becomes a toddler.  Suddenly, daddy becomes the best playmate around.  CPV genuinely enjoys playing goofy and building forts and reading stories and stacking blocks.  More importantly, NHV gets something from that time with her daddy.  She plays differently with him ... it's physical and rowdy and silly and challenging ... and at first that made me a little jealous.  But now I realize that it's so good for her ... and, hey, it's good for me, too!  Not only does it give me a (much needed) break in the evenings and weekend mornings, but it has also shown me new ways to interact with our daughter.

While most of their play is rambunctious, he also takes the time to read lots and lots of books with her ... and our current-warm-lump.


And here they are cooking up some fun in the play kitchen, the one CPV designed and built himself ...


I can only hope that Chad knows even a fraction
of how much I love and appreciate him!
  
He is absolutely the best daddy I could ever imagine for our girls!

You can see more great photos and Word-less-ful Wednesday
posts here and here.

10 comments:

More Than Words said...

Those pictures are adorable!! Daddy time is always so much fun!

Joy said...

I love that he's wearing the chef hat! so sweet.

Liz Mays said...

His expression in the "kitchen" is so cute! I love her expression when reading. She's so caught up in it!

I am Harriet said...

That's so sweet!
Have a great day!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/03/who-doesnt-love-maxine-dont-make-me-use-uppercase/

Yankee Girl said...

What a great dad!

Those pics made my heart melt!

Together We Save said...

Wow - so sweet... your girls are lucky to have a great dad.

Go Zesty with Dee! said...

Such a sweet tribute! And he makes yummy crepes to boot :) Lucky girls!!

Lisa said...

I <3 good daddies so much! There are not many of them these days.

Big Mama Cass said...

Awww That is so great! What a sweet blog to hubby. I can't believe he built that play kitchen! AWESOME!

Miss Mel said...

His hat is precious. What an awesome man! Cool play kitchen too, Mr. Talented!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin