- Made Valentine's to send to my nuggets and the grandparents and baked sugar cookies with NHV
- Won the first Supah's Survivor Challenge
- Got a little crafty ... more details to come ;)
- Baked from scratch a few times - Applesauce Carrot Cupcakes & Banana Muffins
- Hosted a Blog Convention (IRL) for my local moms group - 10 of us met at a local coffee shop, one that offers free Wi-Fi and spent a few hours sharing our own blogs, giving design tips, and getting inspired.
- Counted down the days until Grammy arrived and enjoyed a week-long visit of cooking together, eating lunch out almost everyday, being entertained by my two girls, and watching three good movies!
- Feeling "proficient" - most days - at being a mom of two! We've been able to get out and do fun things, the house is somewhat clean, and I am finding more time to blog and read other blogs :)
By the numbers:
- appointments: 2
- play dates attended: 3
- play dates hosted: 2
- sunny days (unseasonable): 10
- trips to a local park: 5
- photos taken: ~180
- blog posts written: 25
Before You Know Kindness by Chris Bohjalian ... (not quite finished)
Love & Logic for the Early Years by Jim Fay and Dr. Charles Fay
Secrets of the Baby Whisperer by Tracy Hogg
- Still cannot believe that Jake chose Vienna! Will probably watch Dancing with the Stars ...
- Feeling a little disappointed that we never got even a flake of snow here in the NW :(
- Love seeing all the spring blossoms ... there are pops of color everywhere!
- Starting Jillian Michaels 30-Day Burn this month ... wish me luck and stick-to-it-ness
- Looking forward to a visit from Missy and Big E in March!
- Can't wait for Friday Night Lights ... April 30th
Of all the joys that lighten suffering earth, what joy is welcomed like a newborn child? ~ Dorothy L. Nolte
Having a newborn (again) has been ... well, difficult, exhausting, and absolutely wonderful. Of course that last part - that part about it being wonderful - is easier to see and appreciate now that CJV is three months old. Those first weeks are still such a blur. But now I am beginning to feel more like myself again - aside from the extra squishiness on my body. And I feel settled into - as opposed to anxious about - my role as a mom-of-two. I realize that I can not only "do" this but also really and truly enjoy it ... more days than not!