NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar

Friday, May 1, 2009

Lunch Date

I had the privilege of watching our buddy Owen yesterday ... while his daddy went to work and his mommy laid poolside in Florida. If you detect a smidgen of bitterness, you'd be right.
Since O arrived right at lunchtime, I whipped up some grilled Havarti sandwiches and tomato soup (the extent of my mid-day culinary skills) for all three of us. And the ensuing meal led to lots of laughs ... and a bath.
Owen is such a cutie pie, and it was so cute to see Natalie and O eating lunch together - having their very own toddler lunch date. Natalie strapped in her highchair and Owen sitting "like a big boy" at the table. I just had to grab my camera. While I was snapping these super cute photos of Owen gobbling down the delicious entree I had prepared ...

I happened to notice a little mischief going on in the background. It got really quiet; that was my first tip-off. Look closely. That fuzzy object, that's Natalie pouring her tomato soup over her head. As I peered up over my camera, she oh-so-appropriately commented, "Meeeeshy." So true baby girl, so true.

I should've stopped her right there, but I just couldn't help myself. And I happily captured the moment like the mamarazzi that I am!

Well, guess where we ended up? Yep, it was bathtime ... at 12:30 in the afternoon. I was only going to bathe Natalie because she was the one with tomato soup in her hair, up her nose, and basically all over. But Owen did not want to just hang out with some toys and books while I tended to the "meeeshy girl." He insisted that a bath would be tons of fun. This little lunch date ended with two naked co-eds ... an indiscretion I will encourage Natalie to wait until at least the third date to do in the future :)

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Chi-town momma said...

Hilarious. Wonder what possessed her to pour soup on her head. There are so many times I want to know just what goes on inside their little noggins! :)
PS - NHV gets around - I think this is her 3rd coed bath (at least!!!) If she keeps this up, she will NOT be following in her momma's naive ways....so many things to potentially quote here to prove a point, but not sure about the viewership! :) Love you!

mrs.alderman said...

oh goodness...you didn't mention any of this in your email update!!! I love these pictures! And Big O sure loves his buddy NAaaaNaNeeee!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin