NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Moms & Daughters


A daughter may outgrow your lap, 
but she will never outgrow your heart.  
~ Author Unknown

Natalie and I were snuggling on the couch.  Chad happened to notice the sweet moment and grabbed the camera.  I just happened to take a shower and dry my hair that day.  The snuggling is typical, the level of hygiene/styling is sadly not!  Anyway, the "planets" aligned and the result is a photo of me that I can actually stand to look at - and Natalie looking adorable :)


 Grandma always made you feel 
she had been waiting to see just you all day 
and now the day was complete.
-- Marcy DeMaree

I love this shot of my mom because it's candid.  She hates having her picture taken, so I have to be sneaky with my camera sometimes!  Also, it captures her "in her element" - at the place where she serves lunch three days a week.  It's this quaint little restaurant in the downtown area where I grew up.  It's a busy, fun atmosphere, and everyone - customers and coworkers - absolutely loves my mom! Here she is showing off her newest grandbaby!  She's just beaming with pride, and Charlotte is just taking it all in.

You can see more great photos and Word-less-ful Wednesday
posts here and here.

12 comments:

Go Zesty with Dee! said...

Cute picts! Nice to have the stars align! I'm still waiting for the day :)

Night Owl Mama said...

awww so precious. I don't get in enough pictures with my children thank you for the reminder

Lothiriel said...

Aaaawwww.....I need to have one of those perfect pictures with my baby!!! I love the quotes!!!

mrs.alderman said...

Awww...love the pic of you and Natalie....she looks so grown up!!!

Emmett Joseph said...

I love these pictures--4 beautiful girls!!!

Liz Mays said...

Those are just so wonderful!!! I think the candid shots really show people's personalities true to life. Loved this!

Stacy Uncorked said...

That picture of you and your daughter is frameable! :) And the candid shot of your mom is priceless! :)

WW: The Pond, One Year Later

Lisa said...

I love the pics and you look great! The girls are really growing.

Brenda said...

Beautiful pictures. The mother daughter relationship is very special

Erin said...

What great shots!! And I'm like you, I have very few photos I can stand to look at of myself!!

BJ_Mama said...

You look GORGEOUS! Don't ya just love those days when you can look in the mirror and feel human! :)

Chi-town momma said...

Somehow missed this post! Sweet, sweet pics! I really miss you friend! We must work on a get together! I need to spend some time with you face to face!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin