NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar

Thursday, June 25, 2009

I'm in love with an ... Owl

Heard this funky Gavin DeGraw song today ... I'm in Love with a Girl. Do you know it? It's one of those tunes that totally gets s-to-the-tuck in my head! Hope you're singing it right now. Or at least doing a quick search so you can hear it.

Anyhoo ...

As I was perusing Etsy in search of a handmade delight for Natalie's upcoming birthday, I couldn't help but belt out my own version of Gavin's catchy song ...

I'm in Love with an Owl!

Natalie has already been singing this song for the past few weeks. She's a little owl obsessed these days, and I am in total agreement with her ... there's just something so cute about these wise creatures! Whenever we go on a hike, Natalie is on the serious look-out for an owl. Chad makes this great "Hoo-Hoo" noise that tricks her everytime.

For her birthday, I would like to get her an owl ... preferably homemade and one-of-a-kind ... so one day she can blog about the best birthday present she ever got and how she still has it twenty years later ... that's a tall order of a little owl, huh?

Well, I think I've found just the owl for the job ... introducing ... girly, funky Strawberry the Owl ...





Found this little darling at Homemaker Hobbies (a little piece of me), and I am in l-o-v-e!

I haven't officially purchased Miss Strawberry yet ... I have to think about it overnight because that's just how I am ... so don't go running over there and steal it out from under me. I'll hunt you down! But you are more than welcome to go visit April's site and find your very own super adorable OWL :)

2 comments:

I Sew Lucky said...

Thank you for the shout out! Now I will have to let people know about your blog:)

yvonne said...

April's owls are just as cute as her dolls:)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin