NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar

Monday, June 1, 2009

Garage Sale = Early Birthday Presents

During our recent trip to Denver, Natalie played with our buddy Emmett's sandbox. After seeing how much fun she had, I was on a mission to get her one. But I was not interested in paying full price. I scoured Craigslist for a while. But this morning totally on a whim, we decided to drive around our neighborhood garage sale. I wasn't very hopeful to find a "big" item like a sandbox or a slide because we didn't even leave the house until almost 10:00.
After an hour of buying puzzles and books and an adorable Little People farm, I was just about to give up on my quest for a sandbox. That's when I saw it! A woman was just getting home - probably from her son's soccer game or something - and setting out a few garage sale items. One of which happened to be a sandbox - with lid - in seriously great condition. I bolted from the car. I am not even sure if the car had come to a complete stop! Not only did we get a perfect sandbox, but our purchases also included a Step 2 climbing/slide structure. We hadn't planned to spend $90 on garage sale items that day, but this was a deal we couldn't pass up! I quickly justified the purchases by declaring them "Natalie's birthday presents." Presents we would certainly be giving her early, like six weeks early! Just look at the excitement on her cute little face!

While Natalie and I took our naps, Chad went back and picked up our recently-purchased-massive-hunks-of-plastic. The backyard was all set for us by the time we woke up. The photos above show Natalie's reaction to her birthday presents :)

And this is just a picture of Natalie being her cute little self. She actually looked at the camera - which is a rarity these days - so you can see her big, beautiful blue eyes!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Chi-town momma said...

Goodness, I miss her (and you)! Smooches to you all!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin