NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Yet Another Milestone ...

... to ummm ... celebrate?! Then why do I feel like shouting, "Oh no, here we go again!"


Posted by Picasa
Look what happened today! Everything was going along just fine. I was finally accustomed to the whole crawling thing, and now look what she's doing! My darling NHV is officially pulling herself up to a standing position ... all homo erectus and what-not! Okay, those are words I never thought I'd type!
It happened for the first time this morning. We had just come downstairs for our morning playtime and breakfast eating extravaganza, I went to pop my blueberry bagel in the toaster - as I do every morning - but quickly realized that Natalie seemed quieter than usual. The pile of toys I dump all over the floor typically has her gabbering for several minutes. So I was quick to investigate, and I found her just like you see in the photo - my camera was sitting on the counter between the kitchen and family room.
Her motivation for pulling up is what makes me laugh. She loves laundry baskets (I hope that's a good indication for the future), and I had carried down her basket of clean clothes to fold as part of our playtime - good times, huh? But, apparently, she just couldn't wait to get that little party started because she pulled herself up right in front of the basket.

Oh, just when I thought I had it all figured out, she pulls a new trick! I'm starting to see a trend here ... what can I say, "Yikes and Hip, Hip Hooray!"

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin