NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar

Monday, June 16, 2008

Mom's Night Out

Occasionally (hubby may disagree with this particular word choice) I treat myself to an MNO ... that's Mom's Night Out for those of you who don't get out much ;) And tonight was one of those nights ... an MNO of the Bunko variety. Back to those of you who don't get out much, Bunko is a game played with dice. A very simple game that would be complicated to explain blog-style but is super easy to learn when you're sitting at the table with three dice and a glass of wine in front of you. You'll just have to trust me or google it if you're feeling the need for an education.

So, anyway, Bunko is an organized game for adults, particularly moms - but our group includes dads. It's less competitive, slightly more sophisticated, but almost as much fun as say flip-cup or beer pong. While Bunko may seem lame to some, there's still alcohol involved, so it's all good :) More importantly, there's no skill required in Bunko just roll and hope for the best. And tonight my hoping paid off. I won 14 out of 20 games, and tied with one other mommy, and she happens to be one of the coolest mommies I know ... and her 10 month old son is ADORABLE - yes, all capital letters adorable - and I would be totally fine with Natalie marrying him someday. Wow, I digress. Oh, and I should also mention that my total score would've beaten hers if it weren't for my "friend" who cursed me with the dreaded Snake Eyes ... I hope you can sleep at night, Ashley! Regardless, my wins earned me a prize, and prizes are always fun. After claiming my prize, something funny happened ...

At the end of the evening, I made a trip to the ladies room. Don't worry this isn't a story of the TMI kind; it's funny - really, stick with me. Living here in the land of "green" the bathroom didn't have a light switch - such an archaic device could result in the light being left on even when the bathroom is not occupied - no, instead there was a sensor that "sensed" my arrival in said bathroom and the lights and fan (not that I needed it, thank you very much) turned on. So I sat and proceeded to empty my wine-laden bladder - which shouldn't have been too full because I was DD tonight. Tinkle, tinkle, tinkle ... ummm, suddenly it got very dark and very quiet (except for the tinkling). There I was sitting in the pitch black wondering, "What the hell?" Okay, my smart blog readers, I know you've already got this figured out, but it seriously took me a minute to wrap my brain around this situation. That sensor must be set for like one minute - encouraging speedy urination, more frequent trips to the potty, or a big mess - because an exaggerated wave of my arm later, the lights and fan were restored. And I was left with what I think is an amusing story for my blog ... delightful! Except now you may be visualizing me on the toilet, and I am not sure how I feel about that ...

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin