NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Hottest Day of the Year and a Campfire

Posted by Picasa

What's up with those rocks? My friend Tammy recently asked this question in reference to a ring of rocks prominently displayed in my backyard. Rocks that my husband - very deliberately - put there. "It's our fire pit," I responded ... not necessarily with a tone of pride in my voice because, well, it does kind of look more like a really nice campfire ring than a fire pit ... but I know it will serve its purpose ... to provide a fire on which I can roast marshmallows for S'MORES!

And today, on the hottest day of the year - near 90 degrees - and on the last night of our friends' visit here to the NW, we had a campfire, and roasted marshmallows, and made S'MORES! It seems my friend, Laurie, shares my love for the graham cracker, Hershey's chocolate, perfectly roasted marshmallow treat that is a s'more ... yummy! I have been wanting a s'more since my visit to Colorado (and my friend Missy, who happens to have a delightful - and actual - fire pit on her patio) earlier this month, and finally I got one ... better make that two :) Woo hoo!

2 comments:

Chi-town momma said...

SO Yummy! I believe my face shows my true appreciation for the S'more! I recommend everyone give it a try! Although a fire pit Chad style is a serious commitment - there will not be any grass in his rock ring for quite some time!

supahmommy- somethin's wrong with that girl said...

Did you write out the steps to making a smore and then have each other follow it?

lol

TOOO Fun.
YUm.
d

Blog Widget by LinkWithin