NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Blessings Times Three

My younger sister, Laura, recently became a mommy ... for the third time ... brave (or crazy) soul that she is, and I couldn't be happier for her because she is so darn happy! She has a 6 year old daughter, who is sweet, creative, and inquisitive. Her first son, Jase, is 19 months old - full of energy, smiles (big ear-to-ear ones), and the almost constant gibberish we refer to as Jasenese. And her second son, Greyson, was born May 28; from what I've witnessed - through photos and during my recent visit - he seems like a fairly easy-going baby, and he is cute beyond belief, in my biased, Aunt D opinion :)

So three kiddos under one roof - a feat my mom accomplished quite successfully plus one, but still I am in awe of the idea of three ... my one has given me a run for my money on more than one occasion. Anyway, I called her earlier today to chat about an gift for my parents' upcoming anniversary, and she answered the phone. She quickly answered my question, and then informed me that she was in the middle of putting Jase down for a nap while Greyson was crying the background - a scene I could easily picture in my mind. In this version, Laura was totally calm and collected. In the version starring me, I would be a frazzled mess, and I sure as heck wouldn't have answered the phone :) These thoughts left a smile on my face and an admiration in my heart; I am so proud (and a little envious) of the person my sister is ... Just to further prove that point, in an email message to follow-up our earlier conversation, she apologized for being so brief on the phone with this explanation ...


My hands are full and so is my heart and I wouldn't have it any other way!


Isn't that a beautiful statement? I love you, Laura Helen, and all three of your nuggets, too!

3 comments:

Chi-town momma said...

Wow you ended this post and started the previous one with such GREAT quotes! Both are so reflective and true! I love reading what you write and wish I could/would take the time to do my own blog. I'm intrigued by your tracker showing that you are becoming an international superstar! Go Dana!!!

Emmett Joseph said...

Dana Lou, you made me cry! What a sweet and insightful sentiment.

Chi-town momma said...

OK this post still tears me up! Love that quote! And this must be where my comment bonanza began!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin