Ummm, yeah, newly initiated in this mom-of-two club. I'm living with a newborn and a two-year old. My hormones have taken me prisoner. I am exhausted. Basically, I have no business setting my expectations too high. In fact, I am trying really hard not to set my expectations too high ... because that just leads to disappointment. And in my fragile postpartum state, who needs that?! Not me!
With that said, this is my "get real" list of resolutions for 2010 ...
I resolve to ...
- hook myself up to that bane-of-my-existence breast pump and provide breast milk for my CJV until I physically or emotionally or mentally just can't do it anymore ... not even going guess a timeline on that one.
- hope and pray that Charlotte can figure out this whole nursing thing ... sooner rather than later.
- change many, many poopy diapers ... however, I will get serious about potty training my two year old ... just as soon as I get a good night's sleep. That will happen this year, right?!
- get out of my pajamas (at least) 5 days a week ... and shower (at least) every other day. Is that too lofty of a goal?
- take the girls outside whenever the rain allows ... and count down the days until beautiful weather returns to the NW.
- write down the funny, quirky things that Natalie says and sings
- plan meals each week ... the alternative - scraping together dinners last minute - will make me stark-raving-looney-tooney.
- take and share lots and lots of photos ... so that my friends and family can watch Charlotte's first year transformation!
- Skype with friends and family more often ... why not?!
- blog when I can ... but not succumb to guilt when I can't.
- be nice and appreciative to my amazingly helpful husband ... but remember that he loves me even when I am not at my best.
- travel home to Illinois with both girls ... probably by myself ... this is the only resolution that makes me cringe just a smidge.