NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar

Friday, April 11, 2008

A Few of Our Favorite Things: Balls!

Hee, hee, hee! I said, “Balls!” or at least I typed it. A word that evokes giggles in most crowds - at least the crowds I tend to frequent. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that I’ve taught 5th grade, and 10 year olds find the word “balls” hilarious. Anyway, I totally - and somewhat immaturely - digress.

Balls are all the rage here in baby world. At every play date we attend, all the babies want to play with the balls … amongst all the other brightly colored, oddly shaped toys, the babies go for the simple sphere. As soon as I topple over a toy bin, Natalie reaches for whatever ball happens to roll out … we have four balls in our collection now, so she‘s pretty much guaranteed a ball every time! We even received a ball - adored with Disney Princesses - as a first birthday party favor.

Our most favorite ball … and no, all balls are not created equal … is the O-Ball. I purchased mine - I mean, Natalie’s - on a recent shopping spree at White Horse Toys in Gilman Village, this great old-fashioned toy shop. I also bought what is known as a "sensory ball" - picture the porcupine of all balls, but the spikes are quite baby-friendly.
Bottomline: Babies love balls! And really, what’s not to love? Roll it, toss it, pass it, bounce it, ... endless possibilities for FUN! But don't take our word for it, go out and get yourself some balls!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin