NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar

Friday, August 8, 2008

Trip to the Zoo ... and a really cool date: 8/8/08


Posted by Picasa


We went to the Cougar Mountain Zoo today, and it was awesome! For a relatively small zoo, I was very impressed by all that it had to offer including ... two gorgeous Bengal tigers, a mountain lion (aka a cougar), and an exhibit of Macaws that blew me away and had me smiling from ear-to-ear! One of the Macaws hid behind his wing and then said, "Peek-a-Boo," as clear as any human ... and perhaps I am easy to please, but that pretty much made my day!

Natalie had a pretty serious look on her face the entire time; I like to think she was really trying to soak up all the new knowledge, but perhaps she just wasn't as impressed as me.
Natalie seemed to like the bronze animal sculptures the best ... probably because we let her get down and crawl/walk around. But my favorite part was totally unrelated to the animals. All of the brick walkways contained engraved paving stones. It's a fundraiser for the zoo - each engraved brick pays for 20 blank ones. Not only is it a great way for the zoo to raise money and complete its walkways, but it's also such a cool legacy-type thing to do and a unique gift to give someone ... hint, hint ... I've decided I must have an engraved brick at the zoo.

I should also mention two other important events on this 8th day of August 2008 ...
My wonderful friend Laryl became a mommy to her beautiful baby girl, Marissa Marie. Congratulations, Keith and Laryl, and welcome to the world, MM! Also, today is our neighbor Sebastian's one month birthday. Sebastian's parents, Johny and Jessica, "planned" his birth as a first birthday gift for Natalie ... hee, hee :) Happy One Month to you!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin