NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Pa ... another one's got the fever.

The title of this post is a rather obscure quote from the movie Unforgiven, a western that is not usually my type of movie, but it was one of my first dates with my now hubby, so we still quote from it occasionally.

So what's that have to do with anything? Good question. Well, Natalie has been running a fever for three days now - this is day three. She felt kind of warm to me during the day on Tuesday, but I never bothered getting out the thermometer because a) she hates to have that thing under her arm for the two minutes it takes to register ... and if she hates the underarm, imagine how she'd feel about the other option, which really isn't an option because it gives me the heebee-geebees hardcore and b) she was acting like her usual, high-energy self. And then at 1:00 am, she woke up crying, something she hasn't done in a very long time. At this point I did break out the thermometer; she felt hot rather than warm. The thermometer read 99.9, which I guess is really 100.9 after you add the degree ... so confusing ... especially when you're doing this stuff with one eye open! She got a dose of baby Motrin and a 30-minute snuggle with me and back to sleep she went. Same deal on Wednesday; she felt warm all day, I dosed her with Tylenol, and then we hung out again around midnight.

Today - day three - she still had plenty of energy and no other symptoms ... well, there were a few disgusting diapers, but she was eating, drinking, playing, and sleeping like normal. However,
her fussiness has reached an all-time high and my tolerance has sunk to an all-time low. Hoping this fever takes a hike ... like soon!

"... damn pigs."

Update: No fever today, Friday ... woo hoo! Have heard from several other moms in my Mom's Group that this sort of thing seems to be going around - fever for three days with no other symptoms. Well, we're done with it ... on to the next baby with you, darn fussy-inducing fever!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin