NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Meal Plan ...

I really suck at this ... but I am trying!

Here's what the Vs x 4 will be dining on this week ... if all goes well ... 

Sunday - Marvelous Mini Meatloaves, Mashed Tators, and Corn

Monday - Pizza (possibly frozen or take-and-bake)
Going with a no-fuss dinner on a Monday night because ... I have plans to attend an MNI/Cookie Exchange!

Tuesday - Updated Chicken Pot Pie
Making two: one for my family and one for my bed-resting with a preschooler friend Kelly.  This has long been my go-to recipe for taking to new mamas or bed-resting mamas.  It's easy and delicious and the younger crowd (aka the big brother/sister) usually gobbles it up, too!  Side note: I modify this recipe to exclude the Velveeta (I am not a fan) and substitute cream cheese instead.

Wednesday - Pecan-encrusted Salmon, Rice, and Veggies

Thursday - Sloppy Joes & Sweet Potato Fries
Going to give Chitown Momma's recipe a try ...
  • Brown 1 lb beef, season as you like (s&p, garlic powder)
  • 1/2 c ketchup
  • onion - as much or as little as you like or omit if you don't have one
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 Tbsp mustard
  • 1 Tbsp vinegar
It can be ready to eat as soon as you feel the ingredients are pretty mixed up (if you are in a hurry), but it does taste a bit better if it sits and simmers on low heat for a while (30-60min on stove or hours in a crock pot)

Friday -  Grilled Cheese & Soup
It's date night (finally) and I want to save room for whatever yumminess our hostess is serving!

Saturday - White Chili - a recipe from my Aunt Sheila
  • 1 T. oil
  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breast havles, cubed
  • 3/4 C. onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 cans (14.5 oz) chichken broth, divided
  • 2 tsp. cornstarch
  • 3 cans (15 oz) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
  • 2 cans (4.5 oz) green chiles
  • 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
  • 1 tsp. dried oregano
  • 1 pkg. shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
  • 1 sm. container sour cream (optional)
  • 1 bag of tortilla chips (optional)
  1. Heat oil in a heavy 4 qt sauce pan over med high heat.
  2. Add chicken; cook for 2 or 3 minutes. add onion and garlic;
  3. Cook for 2 minutes. in sm. bowl, combine 1/4 cup of the broth with corn starch. add to chicken mixture along with remaining broth, beans, chilies,and seasonings. cover and bring to boil.
    Uncover, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
  4. Ladle into serving bowls. Top with cheese and sour cream.
  5. Serve with tortillias chips.

2 comments:

Chi-town momma said...

OK, I am not inspired. I was a bit hungover today from my fun with the 'nards! (that cracked Laura up!)SO much of my plan is stolen from you! Thanks (sorry it isn't helping you get inspired)
M: Grams Chicken pot pie
T: Sloppy joes
W: ???Hoping for some inspiration. I have to go to the grocery store, so hopefully something will be on sale and look delicious!
Th: Baked ham and lots of yummy apps! (having a holiday party here. PS Ham is on sale all over the place so now is a good time to get one!)
F: leftovers

MommyLisa said...

Oh I am so lazy when I go visit new mommies! I buy a roast chicken at Costco or Target & bring with rolls, frozen veggies in a bag and cookies or some other treat.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin