NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Shutterfly for Holiday Cards

Today I am revealing a secret. I have a hard time sending holiday cards on time.  I know I am not the only one who procrastinates and feels the pressure of that December 25th deadline pressing down.  But I do think my approach is a bit unique.  Rather than simply not sending a card at all.  Or sending it late.  I try to play it off like I meant to send it after everyone else's card has already arrived, been on display, and been packed or thrown away.   This works out really well for me because A) I can send my cards late without feeling guilty about it being late.  B)  My card doesn't get lost in the shuffle of all those "other" holidays cards.  I feel certain my card gets a place of honor on most refrigerators because it shows up after you've taken down your seasonal display.

There's one other thing you should know ... I don't see the point to sending a holiday card (on time or not) that doesn't include at least one photo of you and/or your kids.  I mean, really ... store-bought cards are so last decade!

Two years ago, I sent this adorable and clever (if I do say so myself) NEW YEAR's card ... including four photos of NHV during different seasons of the previous year:

Inside: 
Winter, spring, summer, and fall …
We have honestly loved it all!

During a whirlwind 2008 … 
(and then a quick description of what we did during the past year)

Wishing you the very best
at this special time of year and
through all the seasons of 2009!

Last year's I sent BIRTH ANNOUNCEMENTS instead of holiday cards.  And I sent them when I was good and ready ... with the excuse of sleep deprivation and caring for a newborn and toddler.

Here's what I am getting at ... 
No matter what kind of "holiday" card I send.  
Regardless if I send them "on time" or purposely late. 
I use Shutterfly!  (They have the best photo books, too!)

This year I am even more excited to make and send holiday cards (perhaps even on time) using Shutterfly because bloggers (like me) have been offered 50 free cards in exchange for spreading the word about their awesome holiday collection.  Which means I shopped the Shutterfly card selection with reckless abandon - choosing all of my favorites!  First I sorted by number of photos - there's no way I can create a holiday card with less than three photos. I mean, if you know me at all, you know I adore a good collage!  And since I take a ba-zillion pictures, I always have plenty to choose from!

Oh, this square card has room for 8 photos!  And it really is a wonderful life!  Love it!


I have a thing for this shade of blue and snowflakes ...


The combination of brown, red, and blue makes this a top contender!


Again, lots of room for photos and I think a big "V" would look so cute in the middle!


Did you notice these are all very "holiday-ish"?  Well,  as a personal challenge, I am going to try to send an actual holiday card this year ... since I get 50 free cards, I felt like it was good motivation to make it happen!  Not to worry ... I am certain my card won't get "lost in the shuffle" of all the other cards you receive ... because I am ordering from Shutterfly and you just can't find a better looking, higher-quality card!  

Oh, wait, you're ordering from Shutterfly, too?  There's goes that plan ... 

Oh well ... Happy Holiday-card Making!

Bloggers get 50 free holiday cards from Shutterfly… sign up: http://bit.ly/sfly2010

3 comments:

BJ_Mama said...

oooh D....I totally just signed up for this too! :)

Chi-town momma said...

damn shame I don't have a blog. I used shutterfly last year! Although, I must admit, the TinyPrints ones are adorable too - a top contender since I won't be getting 50 free!

Elisabeth said...

I have the hardest time picking pictures for cards--and I am always late on this!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin