NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Good News, Bad News

Good News: Charlotte has finally figured out how to roll ... like she means it! 

Bad News: The best time to practice new-found rolling over skills? Apparently, for two hours at bedtime and in the middle of the night ... great idea, CJV! I am so amused and a bit annoyed at the same time :)

Good News: Natalie was an absolute doll this morning while Charlotte napped and I rested on the couch.  She entertained herself for almost two hours.

Bad News: The consequence of allowing a three year old to entertain herself for two hours ... a colossal mess in three out of four rooms downstairs!

More Bad News: The fourth room is my kitchen - where I made friendship bread this morning and stacked all the dishes in the sink, piled lunch dishes on top of that ... and the dishwasher needs to be unloaded.



Good News: I enjoyed a delightful chai tea latte from Starbucks this morning ... and shared a pumpkin scone with Natalie.


Bad News: I (desperately) needed aforementioned latte because a) I was exhausted from being up most of the night with my almost 9-month-old who is apparently training for the rolling Olympics and b) my throat is super dry and scratchy, which means I am probably getting sick!


Good News: Three loads of laundry are cleaned, folded, and put away.


Bad News: Two more loads are waiting for their turn on the never-ending cycle of laundry!


Good News: Natalie had her last swim lesson tonight.  Although she only got in the pool for 5 out of 8 lessons, her "report card" was glowing!  I am so proud :)


Bad News:  Not only are swim lessons over, but I am being to think summer is pretty much over, too ... today's temperature hovered around 60 degrees and we enjoyed a morning shower.

Good News: Both girls are sleeping.  Chad and I are curling up on the couch to continue watching the second season of Lost.  This show is so enthralling!


Bad News: No more blogging for me tonight.  Peace out!

2 comments:

BJ_Mama said...

awww.....CUDDLE TIME! I miss that. Now it's like, you can try to wrap your arms around me, but as soon as I get to hot, HANDS OFF! hehe

mmmmm....CHAI TEA LATTE.........mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

GO CHARLOTTE! ROLL ON!

and, Natalie, way to show them that you don't need all 8 lessons to be perfect! :)

Chi-town momma said...

How did I miss all these posts??? We could have cut our phone conversation in half if I had read this...but it was much more fun to hear it all from you directly! Love you, friend!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin