NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar

Monday, October 3, 2011

meal planning ... again

it appears meal planning is a weekly endeavor.  however I hate it a little less today because last week was a success!  no five o'clock scramble.  no random trips to the market.  less stress and good meals.

so I am at it again ... whether i like it or not.

Here are the four meals I will make at some point this week ...
  1. Pecan Encrusted Salmon, wild rice, and veggies
  2. Chicken Tortilla Soup - I always add black beans and use the already chopped celery/onion/carrot mix from Trader Joe's.
  3. Fuss-Free Ravioli and Cheese Bake
  4. Sloppy Joes & Sweet Potato Fries (Chitown Momma's recipe)
  • Brown 1 lb beef, season as you like (s&p, garlic powder)
  • 1/2 c ketchup
  • onion - I buy it in the frozen food section!
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 Tbsp mustard
  • 1 Tbsp vinegar
  • I add grated carrots and red peppers to sneak in some veggies!
It can be ready to eat as soon as you feel the ingredients are pretty mixed up (if you are in a hurry), but it does taste a bit better if it sits and simmers on low heat for a while (30-60min on stove or hours in a crock pot)  

Baking ...
I have bananas to use, so I am trying Banana Muffins with Butterscotch Chips
and because I adore Nutella, I want to try this recipe for Self-frosting Pumpkin Nutella Muffins!

1 comment:

Chi-town momma said...

Ha! I'm making salmon tonight too.
M: Honey and dijon mixed together, spread over salmon and baked
T: Chicken chalupas
W: some sort of baked pasta

Short week, head to PA on Thursday AM. Needed two casseroles this week to have leftovers for Brandon to eat while we are gone!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin