NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar NavBar

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A Mash-Up: Ham Casserole

Has your friend ever offered you a big hunk of yummy baked ham?
Yeah, well, it was a first for me, too.

That ham made me think of another friend (the one, the only Chitown Momma) who shared a meal plan one time that involved a baked ham and a great leftover recipe.

Have you ever made up your own recipe?
That's not really my thing either, however ...

While I was digging up that recipe from Chitown Momma, I was listening to the Glee Soundtrack, which made me think of BJ Mama over at For What It's Worth (but I digress) ... but, more importantly, those ubber-talented, oh-so-cute high school kids reminded me of the power of the Mash-Up!

Creamy Ham Casserole meet Easy Ham Bake:

Filling:
  • 2 cups chopped ham
  • 2 cups of broccoli florets
  • 1 cup of chopped carrots
  • 8 ounces of onion and chive cream cheese
  • 10 ounce can of cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 cup of milk
Crust:
  • 2 cups Bisquick
  • 1.5 cups milk (whatever you have on hand)  
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a 9 x 13 dish with non-stick stuff.
  2. Prep the veggies and stick them in the microwave for about four minutes.
  3. Mix together all of the "filling" ingredients.  Pour it all into the baking dish.
  4. Mix the two crust ingredients together and pour it over the top of the filling.
  5. Bake for 25-30 minutes.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin