Yeah, well, it was a first for me, too.
That ham made me think of another friend (the one, the only Chitown Momma) who shared a meal plan one time that involved a baked ham and a great leftover recipe.
Have you ever made up your own recipe?
That's not really my thing either, however ...
While I was digging up that recipe from Chitown Momma, I was listening to the Glee Soundtrack, which made me think of BJ Mama over at For What It's Worth (but I digress) ... but, more importantly, those ubber-talented, oh-so-cute high school kids reminded me of the power of the Mash-Up!
Creamy Ham Casserole meet Easy Ham Bake:
- 2 cups chopped ham
- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- 1 cup of chopped carrots
- 8 ounces of onion and chive cream cheese
- 10 ounce can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1.5 cups milk (whatever you have on hand)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a 9 x 13 dish with non-stick stuff.
- Prep the veggies and stick them in the microwave for about four minutes.
- Mix together all of the "filling" ingredients. Pour it all into the baking dish.
- Mix the two crust ingredients together and pour it over the top of the filling.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.